Thursday, June 10, 2010

Creutzfeld - Jakob Disease

Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease or CJD is commonly and erroneously confused with the already mentioned Mad Cow Disease (MCD). Even if it is technically wrong, confusing them is not a big mistake, CJD is the human equivalent of the MCD. Once a human eats “infected” meat it will contract the disease, however since the symptoms and host are different the disease receives a different name, CJD (Creutzfeldt - Jakob disease).

CJD was first discovered by the German neurologist Hans Creuzfeldt when treating one of his patients in 1920. A few years later, in 1922 another German neurologist Alfons Maria Jakob did further studies with other patients with what Creuzfeldt first stated. After all of this processes scientists decided that both had some true statements about the disease and by combining they finally named it: Creuzfeldt-Jakob disease.

Fully understanding MCD might be difficult, but understanding the differences between Mad Cow Disease and CJD is even harder since they are very similar. As we know, MCD is an encephalopathy, actually the most common of the spongiform diseases. Spongiform is a key word to understanding both MCD and CJD. Spongiform is a term used by scientists when a disease is a degenerativeneurological disorder (brain disease) in which the brain starts being “drilled” by different means because whatever is attacking the brain will start drilling it making little holes everywhere around the brain making it look like a sponge, from there we find the name: spongiform.

Now that we know in depth what the disease is, lets focus on the symptoms. (not listed in order of appearance)
1. Progressive Dementia (main difference between MCD and CJD).
2. Loss of memory and movement.
3. Lack of coordination.
4. Visual problems.
5. In some cases depression and insomnia.

It is worthy to notice that the symptoms are very similar to the MCD, that is why people oftenconfuse them, and as stated before is not that much of a big deal. They can be considered “twin” or “sibling” diseases, one of them mutating over the other to take humans as a host.
Some patients do not suffer as much dementia, while others suffer a big loss in memory. That is why some scientists, neurologists and even medics have confused some cases of CJD with Alzheimers.

Unlike other common disease like flu, there is no real way of diagnosing CJD. Until now the only way of ever noticing it is by an autopsy (brain surgery) in which the brain is revealed to the surgeon, he/she will notice that holes are begining to sprout in the brain, and then treat the patient to see what type of spongiform encephalopathy he suffer from. This holes damage the brain making it work “improperly” and that is what causes the dementia on the patient, a small amount of holes aren’t dangerous but once the brain has been “drilled” a lot it can not work properly and that is what causes death. Notice that the most common spongiform encephalopathy is CJD.

It is sad that even if the disease is noticed at an early stage before developing, its almost unworthy since until now a days there is no actual cure for CJD as there is no cure for MCD. Neither is there any treatment to control the disease, what normally is done is that the patient is sent to a mental hospital/madhouse where he is treated properly according to his symptoms.
Over time the spongi will keep spreading. As time passes the brain will be drilled continuously, with no medical treatment being able to stop it, until the brain is so degenerated that it will stop working, leading to the patient’s death.

Having no way to stop this disease is sad and frustrating. Luckily only 1 of one million people contract CJD. It is estimated that there are only around 200 cases of CJD in the United States every year.

Even if the amount of cases are low, this is a disease that should not even exist. Scientists currently do not know how it emerged but have noticed how it happened. It has all been fault of the now common “factory farming”, the unproper treatment given to the cattle has created a disease, a disease that not only affects cattle but has mutates to take a toll on humans.
“Scientists generally agree that BSE is transmitted when cows consume meat scraps from other cows. Farmers in the UK had been using slaughterhouse waste to supplement cattle feed since the early part of the 20th century, and it became common practice to feed offal (discarded animal parts) to livestock throughout Europe and the U.S. within a few decades.

A series of bans on the use of meat and bone meal in cattle and other livestock feed have been enacted in various countries since the first ban was put in place in the UK in July of 1988. Over the course of almost a decade, regulations were enacted to extend “feed bans” in Europe and the U.S. to stop the spread of mad cow disease and protect cattle and humans from its devastating effects.

Unfortunately, loopholes and violations have meant offal is still sometimes fed to cattle, and a few recent cases of mad cow have been identified in cattle born after the feed bans. This is a serious problem. It only takes a piece of infected brain or spinal cord tissue about the size of a single grain of rice (10 milligrams) to transmit BSE from one cow to another. “
By: http://www.sustainabletable.org/issues/madcow/

As of now it is worthy of notice that factory farming is behind all of this. All these kind of disease are a product of factory farming and their improper treatments to animals, making them sick and therefore affecting our health too.

This is not how nature meant animals to be used, and if we do not stop it as of now, perhaps we will have more diseases similar to CJD or even worse.

Bibliography:
· http://www.sustainabletable.org/issues/madcow/
· http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creutzfeldt%E2%80%93Jakob_disease
· http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/cjd/detail_cjd.htm#103133058
· http://beyondfactoryfarming.org/get-informed/health/mad-cow-disease-bse


By: Luis Arturo Martinez Silveyra

12 comments:

  1. That disease is a bad and sad situation, i cant imagine a person with that symptoms, its like very sad seeing it, and also more than that that have no cure, so is very sad that the farming factory dont take care about those things and one wrong thing can kill a lot of people. I remember when the preoplñe start to talk about the mad cow disease and those, and i remember i dont ate meat like in a year or something like that, haha so know is funny but the disease still there, so is very important take warnings about the the meat origin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WE WELCOME YOU ALL TO DEVANSH HERBAL HEALTH CARE.
      We have Quality Rick Simpson Cannabis oil and all types of cancer cure, insomnia,fibroid,Diabetes,schizophrenia,back pain,we also have the herbs that reduces stress and other illness. We are selling our products at very negotiable and workable prices. Apart from our very magnificent prices, when you buy from us, you are assured of the highest quality and purity available in the market,and we are 100% sure of our product, with a guaranteed discreet courier shipping or a special 24 hours confidential overnight delivery of the product to your address. We respect and value your privacy and will dont share your information with anyone. We offer discreet and Reliable packaging and delivery. -Fast and reliable shipment within 24hours within the US and 48 hours internationally, using courier service. Call or Text::::: +1936-2283-155, Email: devanshherbalheathcare@gmail.com for more information

      Delete
  2. I agree that having a disease that has no cure yet is sad, but what I find even more sad is the fact that maybe someone out there is suffering from this disease and does not even know, perhaps he is treated as someone who has Alzheimer and not CJD.

    It makes me mad that because of Factory farming all of this diseases have started to sprout, they didn't even exist some years ago, say, in the 1920's people did not have to worry about what was on their plate, if it was well cooked then it was sure to be good, now we should worry about it and that isn't good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the time we have preference to the economyc estability, not even thinkin that for having a cheapest priest, we are ending with our health.
    What we ate go directly to our system and the idea of living( if that what we can could it) with a disease that has not cure isn´t preaty.
    For other part i can almost be sure that they are already searching for a cure to this terrible disease because for the people who own the farms loosing cows just like that, is equal to be loosing their money.
    I really hope that we can find a cure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is a very dangerous disease, that is easy to confuse with other diseases. A lot of pople have been afected by this disease and all because the people that is in charge of the cows is careless. It is very dangerous for the cows and for the humans that ingest the infected meat. All this information works a lot for me. I learned a lot from this work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agricultural hormone project
    Creutzfeld-Jakob disease
    Luis Arturo Martinez
    This is a very useful information because we already now that it almost impossible to identify an infected meat, and the reason why this disease Is mortal is because although we identify the symptoms early there is no cure. As it says on the post, this problem comes from the farm factory that doesn’t want to spend so much money taking care of the cows, so the cows won´t be in good shape and will suffer more diseases.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jose Andrews is my name, Some people keep questioning God, asking him why he allowed Satan to put in the world deadly diseases, but they never know that anything happening in this life, is just for a particular reason. Here is my story on how I was cured of schizophrenia (Brain Disease) by a herbal doctor Uwadia Amneifo using his herbal mixture. Few months ago, I realized I had some problem with my system, and later on I begin to forget things easily. I complained to my doctor after his text he said just a little problem with me, but that soon I will be fine. He prescribed for me and I was taking medicine according to his prescription but my condition was getting worse instead of coming down. So I went back to my doctor after some time, he said am having issues with my brain, this continues gradually until it became worse and I was diagnosed of schizophrenia (Brain Disease) and this disease is same with SCJD. My doctor told me there is no cure to this disease that I have to live and die with it. It continued for one month and my system was almost shutting down before my cousin brother came to my house to visit and broke to us the news about a herbal doctor he heard about called doctor Uwadia Amenifo that cured some body of SCJD . So he explained how he heard about this herbal doctor uwadia Amenifo and the kind of terrible diseases this doctor have cured. His words were very impressing and I had to give the doctor a try. We made contact with him and he said he can cure me. So my cousin made all necessary arrangement with him, and he prepared herbs and send to me in USA. I took the herbs according to his prescription and behold to cut long story short his herbs works perfectly well, and cured me of my schizophrenia (Brain Disease). Today I am hale and healthy and evidence of my healthiness can been seen in this piece of note I wrote myself to tell the world about Herbal Doctor Uwadia Amenifo. Please if you know anyone suffering from brain disease, in a hurry contact Doctor Uwadia Amenifo on his email (doctoruwadiaamenifo@gmail.com), and his cell no is +2349052015874. I wish all suffering from brain problem quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wilfred Jack is my name Here is my story on how my father was cured of schizophrenia (Brain Disease) by a herbal doctor chukwu using his herbal mixture. Few months ago, my Dady realized he had some problem with his system, and later on he begin to forget things easily. he complained to our doctor after his text he said just a little problem with him, but that soon he will be fine. He prescribed for him and he was taking medicine according to his prescription but his condition was getting worse instead of coming down. So he went back to our family doctor after some time, he said he is having issues with his brain, this continues gradually until it became worse and he was diagnosed of schizophrenia (Brain Disease) and this disease is same with SCJD. our doctor told him there is no cure to this disease that he have to live and die with it. It continued for one month and his system was almost shutting down before my cousin brother came to my house to visit and broke to us the news about a herbal doctor he heard about called doctor Chukwu that cured some body of SCJD . So he explained how he heard about this herbal doctor chukwu and the kind of terrible diseases this doctor have cured. His words were very impressing and we had to give the doctor a try. We made contact with him and he said he can cure him. So my cousin made all necessary arrangement with him, and he prepared herbs and send to us in USA. he took the herbs according to his prescription and behold to cut long story short his herbs works perfectly well, and cured my father of his schizophrenia (Brain Disease). Today we are happy, and we said thanks to God who cured my father through the help of the herbal doctor. Please if you know anyone suffering from brain disease, in a hurry contact Doctor chukwu on his email (drchukwu22@gmail.com), and his cell no is +2348154800222. I wish all suffering from brain problem quick recovery

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to say thanks to this wonderful man, by name Doctor Chukwu, for curing my wife of her schizophrenia (brain disease). This disease the doctor referred to it as reduced or lack of ability to function normally. My wife was neglecting personal hygiene, and appears to lack emotion. She doesn't make eye contact, doesn't change facial expressions or speaks in a monotone. Also, she always loss interest in everyday activities, she socially withdraw or lack the ability to experience pleasure, she always forget things easily. When these behaviors continued constantly, I took her to the hospital, and the doctor diagnosed her of schizophrenia disease. So he gave her medications like Fluphenazine which she was taking two or three times sometimes with or without food, Aripiprazole (Abilify) and many others.
    She used all this medications for a long period of time and none seems to work properly to cure her of her brain disease, I became restless and I don’t know what to do. I was reading about the disease on the internet where one person testified of this man called Doctor chukwu on how he cured them of their various diseases. So I copied the said doctor’s email and website I went through his website and saw many people testified about him, showering encomium on him, stating and thanking him for his help to cure them of their various disease. So I was still doubting the possibilities of the said doctor until i contacted one woman via her email I saw on the doctor’s website who is by name Rose Jonas she said to me that this man cured her husband of his (CJD) and she told and build up my faith not to worry at all that I should contact Dctor Chukwu, that my wife cure is rest-assured. So I key in and I
    Doctor Chukwu, and after explaining to him what my wife is going through, he assured me that my wife will be normal again, after all the arrangement he prepare the herbal mixtures and send it to me in my country and I started given it to her according to the prescriptions. Behold, his herbs are very potent and it worked. His herbs cured my wife of her CJD and today I am here to say this to the world that a messiah has come to save all those suffering from CJD. \Today, I say a big thanks to Doctor Chukwu for curing my wife of her CJD. We are now happy and to crown it all, I say thanks to God for using Doctor Chukwu to cure my wife. Please if you have, or know of anyone suffering from CJD, and or similar problem please rush to contact Doctor Chukwu before it becomes too late for you,
    His email: drchukwu22@gmail.com His website: http://drchukwuhealinghome.simplesite.com/
    Phone number: +2348154800222

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is what Rose Weel said about Doctor Uwadia Amenifo.I advised all those suffering from this disease to contact him

    ASAP.

    ' Rose Weel is my name, I live in USA. I want to say to the whole world how my husband was cured of his Alzheimer’s

    disease. Brothers and Sisters, my husband is 78 years old. He is a retired US Army. He fought so many wars, and had

    encounter with so many dangerous diseases. Before he embarked on his last peace mission to Iraq they were administered

    injections that will enable them carry out their duties effectively. So they went to the battle field where he lost so

    many of his colleagues and also he was shot on his throat but bullets don’t have much effect on him. So after the battle

    he survived it and returned back to USA off course he was rewarded heavily by the government, and that lead to his

    retirement. But after his retirement, he began to behave funny like forgetting all he did in the past, and sometimes don’t

    recognize me his wife quickly. I took him to Military hospital, and the doctor said some king of liquid in his body is

    causing him so many reactions, and this is affecting his brain to cut the long story short, after much diagnoses using

    EEG, and also the test of PROTEIN 14-3-3 all pointing out to the fact that his brain has malfunction. So he was giving

    medicines but his condition was still becoming worse even while taking the medicines administered. So we went back to the

    military hospital, and he was finally diagnosed of Alzheimer’s disease and this the doctor said have no cure. So his

    conditions began to get worst by the day. I cried out for help, but the government only gave us financial support. I all

    the time surf the web looking for possible cure until I ran into a blog where a man named James Watt gave testimony on how

    his cousin was cured of CJD by an herbal doctor called Doctor Uwadia Amenifo. In his testimony he imputed the contact

    detail of the herbalist. So I quickly copied out the contact details of Uwadia, and I contacted him immediately and

    explained to him what my husband is going through. He encouraged me and promised me that surly he will cure my husband, so

    after all necessary arrangement was made; he prepared the herbal medicine, and shipped it to me in USA, so I followed his

    instructions, and gave the medicine to my husband. Behold just like a magic in my eyes my husband was responding

    positively to the medicine and in just less than 3 weeks I started giving him the medicine, he was very okay, and in less

    than 7 weeks my husband was totally curd, and as I speak to you now my husband is totally cured, and he is now very okay,

    and in good health. So please all here shall help me say a big thanks to Doctor Uwadia Amenifo for helping me cure my

    husband of his Alzheimer’s disease. Please if you need Doctor Uwadia’s contact details, here is it. Email

    (doctoruwadiaamenifo@gmail.com) and his number is (+2349052015874). God bless all.'
    '

    ReplyDelete
  10. WE WELCOME YOU ALL TO DEVANSH HERBAL HEALTH CARE.
    We have Quality Rick Simpson Cannabis oil and all types of cancer cure, insomnia,fibroid,Diabetes,schizophrenia,back pain,we also have the herbs that reduces stress and other illness. We are selling our products at very negotiable and workable prices. Apart from our very magnificent prices, when you buy from us, you are assured of the highest quality and purity available in the market,and we are 100% sure of our product, with a guaranteed discreet courier shipping or a special 24 hours confidential overnight delivery of the product to your address. We respect and value your privacy and will dont share your information with anyone. We offer discreet and Reliable packaging and delivery. -Fast and reliable shipment within 24hours within the US and 48 hours internationally, using courier service. Call or Text::::: +1936-2283-155, Email: devanshherbalheathcare@gmail.com for more information

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to say a big thanks to Doctor Andre Armstead of USA for helping me cure me of my Brain disease. Brothers and sisters, Nath Luth is my name and I live in Texas USA. Few years ago I had a car accident and my brain was affected I was rushed to the hospital the doctor did his check and said I don’t have any internal injury in my brain but just that I was emotionally fragmented and for that reason I lost memory of what happened. But sometimes I sleep at night and I see in dream how I got the accident. But when dawn if am asked how it happened, I can’t say it. It continued like that and I found myself very forgetful. Doctor gave me medicines like Diuretics, Anti-seizure drugs, Coma-inducing drugs, to some extents the drugs helped but later on it stop helping me and as a result of this, I was fully diagnosed of schizophrenia (Brain Disease). Doctor said my problem was same with a variety of brain disease like salience syndrome, Psychosis, susceptibility syndrome, Asperger's Syndrome, Lemierre syndrome, Stevens Johnson Syndrome, Steele-Richardson-Olszewski syndrome, vascular dementia, CJD, mad cow disease, PTSD, encephalitis, panic disorder, OCD, ADD and a lot more. So i and my family became very afraid because doctor said I would die with it. My Immediate younger brother is an ICT officer he is always on the internet. So he came home and said he read about a herbal doctor called Doctor Andre Armstead who have used his herbal medicine to cure so many people of various diseases. So he copied out the contact details of the Dr and he contacted him. He emailed him, and explained to him what I was passing through but Dr Andre promised him that he will cure me of my brain disease and I will be totally cured for life. So he made the arrangement with Dr Andre, and he prepared the herbs from Washington and shipped it to us in Texas. So I followed his instructions on how to take it and behold it worked for me just like a magic, and totally cured me of my long suffered brain disease, and today I am totally cured of my brain disease. Please if you are out there suffering from any kind of brain disease, or you know someone suffering from it, I urge you to contact Dr Andre immediately and get your cure. His contact details are (doctorandreaarmstead@gmail.com) and his phone number is +1 (617) 663-8926, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete